Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a good, spicy casserole. Very quick to prepare. It is an old newspaper clipping I got in a recipe box at an estate sale in Georgia.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) packagenacho cheese tortilla chips, slightly crushed
- 3⁄4 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- Saute onion in oil.
- Add the tomatoes, seasoning mix, and green chilies.
- Simmer, uncovered for ten minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a greased 2-quart casserole, layer ingredients as follows: sauce, chips, cheese, sauce, cheese, and top with sour cream.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake 10 minutes longer.