Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great fall bread and so yummy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal or 1⁄2 cup white cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons margarine (melted)
- DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Paper-line 18-20 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder in medium bowl.
- Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in small bowl. (MIX WELL)!
- Add to flour mixture, stir just until blended.
- Pour into prepared muffin cups and fill 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire racks for 5 minutes-remove to wire racks to cool slightly. SERVE WARM.
- FOR CORN BREAD.
- Pour batter into greased8 inch square baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy.
I now have the perfect cornbread recipe I've been looking for,Thank You Hill Family :) This will be the only cornbread made in my kitchen.
We love sweet cornbread at our house. I made this with yellow cornmeal and used Splenda instead of white sugar and it worked perfectly. This is a delicious recipe. Thanks for sharing it with us.