Recipe by Margie Brock
We were sitting on our front porch at the camp talking about food (what else) and talking about stuffed bell peppers and I thought-I have never tried a recipe for this I really really liked so I would use my meatloaf recipe and stuff the peppers. Boy! did we all go nuts over this one.The peppers were on sale at the grocery store so it provided many other meals for later.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes (tomatoes with diced chilies)
- 7 green bell peppers, seeded and cut in half length wise, this makes 14 servings. (use the number you need now and quick freeze the rest for use at a later meal)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients except the Rotel tomatoes and soup and the bell peppers.
- Stuff this mixture into the bell peppers.
- Mix the soup and Rotel and place over the top and down the sides of the peppers and mixture.
- The great part of this is that you can cook the number you need and quick freeze the others and place in ziploc bags until you are ready to cook them.
- Then put the sauce over the top and bake.