Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have no clue who Margie is, but I have been making this delicious pasta salad for years. I usually double the recipe and always remove the skin and the bones. I usually substitute dehydrated minced onions for the green onion.
- 7 3⁄4 ounces canned salmon, drained
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or 2 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl combine salmon, green pepper, green onion, mayonnaise (or Miracle Whip), Worcestershire sauce, lemon pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix together.
- Add hot cooked macaroni and toss together.
- Salad can be served at once or refrigerated and served cold.
Preferred this hot and doubled the mayo. The lemon tang was just a bit too much for my taste. I'd lighten up on it next time.
Quick and easy to make for dinner. I made the dish, substituting radish for green onion because I didn't have any, transferred it to a baking dish and baked it with cheese on top. Didn't bake it for long, just long enough to heat up the sauce.