Recipe by jswinks
This is my mom's potato salad recipe, which I just love. I haven't seen one here exactly like it. It uses italian dressing to give it flavor, and doesn't have pickles or mustard. The key to an excellent final product is letting the Italian dressing sit for a couple of hours and soak up the flavors before adding the mayo. My favorite dressing to use is the kind you make yourself from a package, adding oil, water and vinegar - just be sure you've made it up ahead of time so it is full of flavor by the time you need it. Cooking time is marinating time.
- 6 -8 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 eggs (hard cooked, chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes unpeeled. (they don't fall apart this way!).
- Drain and cool.
- Peel and cut into cubes.
- Stir in onion, italian salad dressing, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate ate least 2 hours.
- Toss with mayonnaise.
- Add celery and eggs, mixing gently.