Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
Don't remember where I got this recipe. I haven't timed how long it takes to prepare this so time is a guess. The recipes says it makes 150 bon-bons but the yield depends on the size you make them.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 lbs powdered sugar, unsifted
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine sweetened condensed milk, sugar and butter.
- Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add coconut and walnuts.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Form into balls.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over hot water.
- Dip bon-bons into melted chocolate.
- Cool until chocolate is set.
- Store in fridge.
i made these and froze the ones i didnt eat right away and they are a new favorte for the holidays thank you
1 halved the sugar mentioned in the recipe....but it was extremely sweet.what if i use unsweetened condence milk? Any suggestions?