Recipe by SilentCricket
This recipe was included in a cookbook our family just put together for this summer's family reunion. I love the fact that it can be prepared in crockpot, oven, or on top of the stove! Plus it sounds delicious! (Prep time includes marinating meat overnight; cook time indicated would be if crock pot is used; shorter times would be involved if stove or oven are used)
- 18 ounces barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 -3 links kielbasa
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients but kielbasa.
- Cut kielbasa into chunks and stir into sauce.
- Let marinate overnight.
- Heat in crockpot for 6-7 hours; on stove for 1/2 hour or more; or in oven for 30 minutes at 325 or 350.
- Serve with toothpicks, or crusty rolls.
- This reheats and freezes well.
- Cocktail franks and smoky sausages are also good in this sauce.
- The longer they sit, the better they taste!