Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This cheese ball recipe has been in my family since I was a child. My mother would make it during the holidays for our open house, and it remains a favorite of mine. I love to make it and hope others will enjoy it also!
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, spread i.e. kaukauna brand,softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Combine first six ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Shape into a slightly flattened ball.
- On a piece of wax paper or foil, combine the chili powder and paprika and spread it out slightly.
- Gently roll the ball onto the spices, using all the spices and covering as much of the ball as possible.
- Gently wrap the ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate until serving.
- Allow the cheese ball to come to room temperature before serving.
- Excellent with crackers or celery stix.