Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tomato, basil, garlic, olive oil, Mozzarella and ricotta cheese.
Make and share this Margherita Pizza ( White Pizza ) recipe from Food.com.
- Brush pizza crust with olive oil.
- Spread 2 cups of cheese evenly over pizza.
- Place sliced tomato evenly over pizza.
- Spread shredded basil evenly over pizza.
- Place tablespoon size globs of ricotta evenly over pizza.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Spread remainig Mozzarella over pizza.
- Bake at 400 15 minute or until cheese is bubbly and brown on the edges.
This pizza is fabulous! Not greasy, not too cheesy (though I leave out the ricotta because I don't care for it.) The beauty of this pizza is that the fresh taste of the tomatoes and basil shine through. You don't feel like you have a rock in your belly when you finish a few slices. Have made it multiple times, now and I still love it.
Creamy and rich pizza! I had a ton of ricotta to use up and found this recipe. The only change I made was to saute some minced garlic and a little bit of mince onion in olive oil and add that to the ricotta for some extra flavor. I also used a bit less cheese. This was a nice change from our usual pizza night. Thanks for posting the recipe.
I actually thought this was a terrible recipe. there was WAAAAAY too much ricotta cheese and the flavor was SO bland. I even mixed chopped garlic into the ricotta cheese and still it was nearly tasteless. Will not make again.