1/3 Photos of Margherita Pizza Topping
This is our favorite pizza topping--very simple, delicious and relatively healthy. I buy a ball of dough from a local grocer to save time and effort, but feel free to use any dough of your preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces pizza dough, prepared
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced thin into rings and then separated
- 3 -4 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 2 -3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, dried
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into thumb-sized pieces (or 1 cup shredded mozzarella)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Form dough to a medium pizza stone or pan per package instructions.
- 3Brush surface of dough with olive oil and sprinkle evenly with garlic.
- 4Arrange separated onion rings evenly atop garlic, leaving 1/2-inch space for pizza edge.
- 5Arrange tomato slices atop onions, overlapping slightly for maximum coverage.
- 6Sprinkle basil and red pepper flakes atop tomatoes and pizza edge.
- 7Arrange mozzarella evenly atop tomatoes.
- 8Sprinkle parmesan cheese atop mozzarella and pizza edge.
- 9Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden, and cheese begins to bubble and brown.
- 10Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- 11Slice into eighths, serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margherita Pizza Topping
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.7
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 200.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: