Recipe by Chef Acosta
A light pizza with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Perfect with a beer on a hot summer night. I was inspired to try and make this myself after having an delicious version of it at Small Bar in Chicago. Yum!
Top Review by truckerboo
This was absolutely amazing. Made as directed with homemade dough. Would not change a thing. The 4 ounces of cheese was just perfect. I was concerned it wouldn't be enough but decided not to add more. I'm glad I didn't. This is a new favorite and will be made often. Thanks for sharing.
- 12 inch thin pizza crust (I use Boboli 12-inch thin crust)
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3-4 large basil leaves, cut into strips
- 2 small tomatoes, cut thinly
- 113.39 g mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza shell. Use a brush to spread it around and make sure to get the crust!
- Next, disperse the finely chopped garlic evenly.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese throughout the top, but keep it thin.
- Place the thinly sliced tomatoes across the entire pizza.
- Lightly salt and pepper the tomatoes with the kosher salt.
- Spread the fresh basil leaves, making sure to get some on tomatoes and on just the cheese itself.
- Cook the pizza in the oven for about 9-10 minutes, or until sufficiently crispy and melted to your liking.
- Add a little Parmesan cheese and (optional) crushed red pepper and enjoy!