1/3 Photos of Margherita Pizza (Pizza Margherita)
Chef Acosta's Note:
A light pizza with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Perfect with a beer on a hot summer night. I was inspired to try and make this myself after having an delicious version of it at Small Bar in Chicago. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 inches thin pizza crust (I use Boboli 12-inch thin crust)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 -4 large basil leaves, cut into strips
- 2 small tomatoes, cut thinly
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza shell. Use a brush to spread it around and make sure to get the crust!
- 3Next, disperse the finely chopped garlic evenly.
- 4Spread the mozzarella cheese throughout the top, but keep it thin.
- 5Place the thinly sliced tomatoes across the entire pizza.
- 6Lightly salt and pepper the tomatoes with the kosher salt.
- 7Spread the fresh basil leaves, making sure to get some on tomatoes and on just the cheese itself.
- 8Cook the pizza in the oven for about 9-10 minutes, or until sufficiently crispy and melted to your liking.
- 9Add a little Parmesan cheese and (optional) crushed red pepper and enjoy!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margherita Pizza (Pizza Margherita)
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.4 mg
- Sodium 145.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
thin pizza crust