A light pizza with olive oil, garlic, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Perfect with a beer on a hot summer night. I was inspired to try and make this myself after having an delicious version of it at Small Bar in Chicago. Yum!
- 12 inches thin pizza crust (I use Boboli 12-inch thin crust)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 -4 large basil leaves, cut into strips
- 2 small tomatoes, cut thinly
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pizza shell. Use a brush to spread it around and make sure to get the crust!
- Next, disperse the finely chopped garlic evenly.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese throughout the top, but keep it thin.
- Place the thinly sliced tomatoes across the entire pizza.
- Lightly salt and pepper the tomatoes with the kosher salt.
- Spread the fresh basil leaves, making sure to get some on tomatoes and on just the cheese itself.
- Cook the pizza in the oven for about 9-10 minutes, or until sufficiently crispy and melted to your liking.
- Add a little Parmesan cheese and (optional) crushed red pepper and enjoy!