1/4 Photos of Margherita Pizza (Gluten Free)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pizza crust (Garlic-Herb Pizza Crust (Gluten Free) or your own pizza crust recipe)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinnly sliced
- 1 lb fresh block mozzarella cheese (maybe a little less)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 -5 vine ripe tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cook pizza crust 10 minutes (or as directed in recipe - until it is mostly cooked).
- 2Drizzle cooked crust with a little more than 1 tbsp of the olive oil and use a brush to spread until the entire crust is moistened, adding more olive oil as needed.
- 3Spread sliced garlic evenly on top.
- 4Top with a single layer of 1/4" thick slices of mozzarella (or a thickness to your liking) and then fill in any gaps in between the slices by sprinkling with the shredded mozzarella.
- 5Place thinnly sliced tomatoes on top of cheese in a single layer, spaced close together (they will shrink and spread apart when baked).
- 6Sprinkle with roughly chopped basil.
- 7Drizzle with the remaining olive oil (about 1/2 tbsp) and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- 8Bake 15 minutes or until tomatoes are crinkly and mozzarella is soft and slightly browned in some areas.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margherita Pizza (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.4
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 100.6 mg
- Sodium 805.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 29.6 g