Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great summer pizza-light & easy to make. My picky boyfriend and my grandfather (who is a meat & potato man) love it!
- 1 (2 count) packageboboli 8-inch prepared pizza crust
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 ounces pre-shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2% milk)
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 large vine ripened tomatoes
- 2 sprigs fresh basil, ie. 1 package (found in the veggie section with fresh herbs)
- Preheat oven to specks on the boboli package.
- Slice the Tomatoes & Basil- set aside.
- Shred (or chop finely) the fresh mozzarella - Mix with pre-shredded mozzarella & set aside.
- In a small bowl combine Olive Oil, Red Pepper Flakes, Garlic & Salt- mix well. Spread a bit of this mixture on the two pizza crusts. Be sure not to over saturate with olive oil mixture bc it will make the pizza soggy.
- Place a thick layer of cheese on the pizza crust followed by tomato slices- mostly cover the pizza with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle basil on top to taste. (FYI a lot of basil can make it a little bitter).
- Sprinkle a bit of parmesan on top- FYI too much parmesan will overwhelm this pizza's mild flavor.
- Cook as directed on boboli package- (10 min I think).
- *Note: Look for the mozzarella in the fancy cheese section of your grocery store. It comes in little tubs with juice in them. Its important that you get the mozzarella in the brine because it makes the pizza fresher tasting. I mix it with the pre-shredded 2% milk mozzarella because it reduces calories & shredding time. Also make sure to get the freshest best looking tomatoes you can find -- this will really make the pizza much better. This pizza is best in the summer when produce is freshest!
One of my favorite pizza! This is a classic and I love it. Great recipe, thank you for posting. Pac-Fall07
Mmmm, this was so good. I first had Margherita Pizza at Pizza Hut and loved it so I came looking for a recipe. I love the freshness of this pizza. It's just yummy! Thanks!