Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a twist on Margherita pizza.
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 cups spaghetti, cooked
- Peel, seed and dice the tomatoes.
- Slice the fresh basil into thin ribbons (chiffonade). NOTE: Neither the tomatoes nor the basil gets cooked.
- Heat the oil and add whole garlic cloves to flavor the oil. As soon as they turn brown, remove them or they'll make the oil bitter.
- Add tomatoes and basil to the cooked spaghetti.
- Add the hot garlic flavored oil and toss the spaghetti. NOTE The oil is the only part of the sauce that is hot.
- For garnish and taste, top with whole-milk ricotta.
This is a nice, refreshing way to serve pasta. DH and I enjoyed the fresh, sweet bites of raw tomatoes and basil. The only adjustment I made was using fresh, torn mozzerella cheese and a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese instead of ricotta cheese simply because DH doesn't like ricotta. We agreed the only other changes we would make are adding more garlic (per our own garlic-loving preference) and seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Thanks for a lovely, delicious recipe! (Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #31)