Chef TraceyMae's Note:
This is a twist on Margherita pizza.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, seed and dice the tomatoes.
- 2Slice the fresh basil into thin ribbons (chiffonade). NOTE: Neither the tomatoes nor the basil gets cooked.
- 3Heat the oil and add whole garlic cloves to flavor the oil. As soon as they turn brown, remove them or they'll make the oil bitter.
- 4Add tomatoes and basil to the cooked spaghetti.
- 5Add the hot garlic flavored oil and toss the spaghetti. NOTE The oil is the only part of the sauce that is hot.
- 6For garnish and taste, top with whole-milk ricotta.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margherita Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (941 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2696.6
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.1 mg
- Sodium 192.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 460.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 100.5 g