Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of my best friends introduced me to this wonderful recipe. It is a delicious, rich side dish. And I've added pepperoni to make it the main meal. I've also substitued Savory Herb and Garlic soup mix for the onion mix and the garlic powder with great results.
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 loaf French bread
- Mix first 6 ingredients completely, reserving 1/2 cup of mozzarella.
- Cut or dig out the center of the french bread to make a boat.
- Fill the bread with the cheese mix.
- Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until heated through and top is just beginning to brown.