Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from my best friends mom. I loved this so much she would make it at least once a month for me. Cream of mushroom soup can be used as a variation.
- 3 chicken breast halves, skinned
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounces noodles, dry
- Place chicken breasts, onions, celery, salt and pepper in a pan. Cover with water. Simmer until chicken is tender. Remove chicken and let cool.
- Cook noodles in water that you cooked the chicken in, add more water or chicken broth if needed.
- Cut up chicken and add to cooked noodles. Add soup and seasonings. Stir to mix. It will be a bit soupy.
- Best if left in refrigerator for at least 24 hours before eating. It gets thick as the noodles continue to absorb the liquid.
- Enjoy! Yum!