Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a copycat recipe from Jimmy Buffet's restaurant. Recipe adapted from Todd Wilbur's version of Margaritaville Jamaica Mistaica Wings www.TopSecretRecipes.com. It is our all time favorite wing recipe! They are some work but so good! The dipping sauce really makes this recipe. The recipe is for 10 wings, but you will have a lot of extra sauce (enough for 20 more wings).
HABANERO HONEY SAUCE
- 1 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 habanero pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
MANGO RANCH DIPPING SAUCE
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup mango juice
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, minced
- 4 -8 cups vegetable oil
- 10 chicken wings
- Prepare habanero honey sauce by combining all ingredients except vinegar in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer sauce for 1 hour uncovered, until sauce reduces by about half and thickens. Remove sauce from heat, add vinegar, and cover.
- Make the mango ranch dipping sauce by combining ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill until needed.
- In a deep fryer, bring 4-8 cups of oil to 375°F.
- Drop in the wings and fry for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Drain for a few minutes on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put wings in a large glass or metal bowl, add 1/2 c of habanero honey sauce and toss until wings are well-coated. Serve with dipping sauce on the side.