Recipe by startnover
Soooo yummy if I do say so myself! Can prep everything a day early!
Top Review by tara portee
I really like the flavors of the pico de gallo, ranch sauce and mexican cheeses all mixed up together. However; the chicken did not turn out well for me. I made my own margarita mix with fresh lemon and lime juice so that may have been the source of my problem. I marinated the chicken for about 20 hours and the fresh citrus juice made the chicken tough. Perhaps the store bought margarita mix would not do that.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 quart margarita mix
Pico de gallo
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion (red or white)
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 serrano pepper, diced very small
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large minced garlic clove (you can always add more)
- 1 teaspoon champagne or 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons margarita mix
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 -4 tablespoons taco seasoning
- corn tortilla strips
- Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken in margarita mis for 12-24 hours.
- Mix all pico ingredients together and store in fridge till ready to use.
- Mix sauce ingredients and set aside till ready to use.
- Grill chicken on low heat turning 1/4 turns every two minutes till cooked through.
- Remove from heat and place in a baking pan and divide the sauce between the 4 breasts.
- Sprinkle with cheese (about 1/3 c each) and bake in a 350 oven just till till cheese is melted (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from oven, plate, and divide the pico between the 4 plates.
- Garnish with crispy tortilla strips.
- Serve with Mexican rice/corn/and beans.
- Prep time doesn't include marinade time.