Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 cups ice, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup tequila (6 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 egg white (1 Tbsp.)
- 1⁄2 ounce triple sec (1 Tbsp.)
- to taste lime slice
- In blender container, combine the crushed ice, tequila, lime juice, powdered sugar, egg white and Triple Sec. Cover and blend until very frothy.
- Transfer to pitcher; garnish with lime slices.
- Serve in salt-rimmed cocktail glasses.
- To prepare glasses: Rub the rim of each cocktail glass with a little lime juice. Invert glass in a shallow dish of salt; shake off excess salt.
Made this as listed and really liked it. I was looking for a lighter non-mix version to use up some limes. Also, I really like triple sec in my marqs. The egg white was something different and I thought why not through in a lil protein to get my froth. I'm going to try this with splenda in place of the power sugar and see how it turns out.
I used this Margarita En Jarra recipe as a jumping off point for a pitcher of margaritas on the rocks. Assuming the eggwhites were to froth-up the slushy kind of margaritas, I omitted them for the 'rocks' version. A 16 oz (quite expensive) bottle of organic squeezed lime juice helped out in doubling, tripling, and quadrupling this recipe-- which was necessary to fill up my party pitcher. Very good recipe for controlling the tang-to-sweet ratio in Margaritas (for those of us who don't care for bottled mixes). Limit guests to two a piece...