1/4 Photos of Margaritas and Shrimp All Around
First prepare the Margarita and put in the refrigerator to keep cold, then work on the shrimp. The recipe works best if you sample the margarita as you prepare the spicy shrimp. Be sure to leave at least a 1/4 cup for the shrimp or you will have to make more margaritas. Depending on how much you have sampled you may want someone else to tend to the grill. And, as always, don't skimp on the quality of tequila. Oh, and the shrimp is phenomenal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Awesome Margarita Mix (use 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup tequila (preferably 100% blue agave)
- 1/2 cup Cointreau liqueur or 1/2 cup Grand Marnier
- 1 1/4 cups fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 4 teaspoons honey, warmed
- 1Combine all of the Awesome Margarita ingredients in a large pitcher and stir until the sugar dissolves. Refrigerate.
- 2Preheat broiler or grill.
- 3Put some crushed ice in a glass and sample margarita.
- 4In a glass mixing bowl, mix a 1/4 cup of the Margarita with the oil and chipotle. Season with salt and pepper, add shrimp and toss to coat. Let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, Put some crushed ice in a glass and sample chilling margarita.
- 6Drain the shrimp and arrange on a baking sheet.
- 7Check glass to see if it is in need of refill.
- 8If you are grilling the shrimp, put 2 shrimp on each of the 16 skewers and grill shrimp for 3 minutes, turning once. Or if you are using your oven, broil the shrimp as close to the heat as possible for 2 to 3 minutes, turning once, until opaque and cooked through. Put 2 shrimp on each of 16 skewers and serve warm or at room temperature with lime wedges.
- 9Go ahead and refill your glass -- you deserve it!
Browse Our Top Tex-Mex Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tex-Mex Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margaritas and Shrimp All Around
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.6
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 179.0 mg
- Sodium 806.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo