Recipe by Wineaux
This sits idle in the fridge for four days, so it's a no-hassle winner! Cook time is an estimate and depends upon how well done you like your meat.
Top Review by LaJuneBug
Huge flavor! We made for our friends and all of us loved this. We marinated round steaks and chicken. Neither had leftovers but I think that the steak was a little better with the flavors.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) round steaks, fat trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion, tops and bottoms
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- flour tortilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice partially frozen round steak into thin, long strips.
- Marinate 2 hours in flat dish with mixture of tequila and lime juice.
- Mix cooking oil, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and paprika and marinate meat, covered, in refrigerator for four days.
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet over medium high heat; drizzle marinade into the skillet. When hot, add steak strips, stirring occasionally.
- Three or four minutes before meat reaches desired doneness, stir in onion and green pepper.
- When done, ladle onto hot plates, and top with chopped tomato.
- Serve with warmed flour tortillas.