Prep 96 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This sits idle in the fridge for four days, so it's a no-hassle winner! Cook time is an estimate and depends upon how well done you like your meat.
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) round steaks, fat trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion, tops and bottoms
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- flour tortilla
- Slice partially frozen round steak into thin, long strips.
- Marinate 2 hours in flat dish with mixture of tequila and lime juice.
- Mix cooking oil, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and paprika and marinate meat, covered, in refrigerator for four days.
- Heat a heavy cast iron skillet over medium high heat; drizzle marinade into the skillet. When hot, add steak strips, stirring occasionally.
- Three or four minutes before meat reaches desired doneness, stir in onion and green pepper.
- When done, ladle onto hot plates, and top with chopped tomato.
- Serve with warmed flour tortillas.
Huge flavor! We made for our friends and all of us loved this. We marinated round steaks and chicken. Neither had leftovers but I think that the steak was a little better with the flavors.