Recipe by Kim127
I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour 2006. I have yet to make it but it sounded fun, kinda like a grown up version of the jello shot???!!! Cooking time includes chill time. The recipe calls for 1 envelope of Knox unflavored gelatin, and I wasn't sure what size it was so the .25 oz is my best guesstimate.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
I made this for ZWT 5 Tex/Mex and loved it. I did everything as stated through freezing the sorbet in the pan. When I looked at it, it looked ready to eat to me, so I didn't process it and refreeze it. It is a very delicious adult dessert!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin, Knox
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups cold water
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 6-7 limes)
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- sugar (to garnish)
- lime peel (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, mix unflavored gelatin with sugar, blend in 1 cup water. Let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatine is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in remaining 3/4 cup water, lime juice, tequila and triple sec. Pour into a 9-inch baking pan and freeze until firm (about 5 hours).
- In a food processor, in two batches, process mixture until smooth. Return to baking pan, then freeze until firm (about 2 hours).
- Served in sugar rimmed dessert dishes and garnish with lime peel.