Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
EASY, EASY non-alcoholic cake that will impress everyone!
For the cake
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix
For the topping
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup margarita mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease a large Bundt pan.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the cake and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth; pour batter into Bundt pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until knife insterted comes out clean; invert onto a plate.
- Combine ingredients for the topping in a saucepan; boil mixture for about 2 minutes.
- While still warm, poke holes in the top and sides of the cake with a fork; pour Margarita mixture over cake.
- Tip: If you are making the cake a day ahead, wait to pour the topping onto the cake until you have to, otherwise the cake will sit in the Margarita mixture and get REALLY REALLY sweet.
- Note: Look for a cake mix without pudding added - Duncan Hines is the only one I can find these days.
EXCELLENT CAKE !! We had some while warm, and some cold. Just as good warm as cold. The topping I thought gave it an extra kick for flavor. Made for PAC>
although this is fabulous when served warm , it is still excellent the next day. I served this at a resent party and recieved more request for the recipe than any other recipe ever.