Recipe by Nana Lee
With all the Easter recipes, this one sounds so yummy! Chill time of 4 hrs is not included in the listed times. Source: Better Homes and Gardens
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 teaspoons tequila
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lime peel
- 3 drops green food coloring
- green coarse decorator sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add granulated sugar and baking soda; beat until combined.
- Beat in tequila, liqueur, and vanilla.
- Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in remaining flour, walnuts, and lime peel with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in food coloring to make desired color.
- Shape dough into a 6-inch-long log.
- Roll log in coarse sugar.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper, and chill for 4 hours or until firm.
- Cut dough into 1/4-inch-thick slices; cut each slice in half crosswise.
- Place slices 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks and cool.