Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 20 mins
We had this for supper last night. It got a thumbs up from everyone.
Make and share this Margarita Shrimp and Vegetable Kabobs recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix or 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopezesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
assorted sliced vegetables
- red pepper
- yellow squash
- bell pepper
- Marinade:Mix tequila, juice, salad dressing mix and oil in a bowl, stirring well.
- Place shrimp and vegetables in marinade; cover.
- Refrigerate 1 hour; drain and discard dressing.
- Arrange shrimp and vegetables on skewers.
- Place kabobs on greased grill over hot coals.
- Grill 10-15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning once.
- Serve with rice, if desired.
The very best shrimp kabobs that we ever ate. This recipe is in my top ten list most definately. Can't wait to wow everybody at the next family cookout. Here's how I tweeked the recipe abit: Added a small amount of pinapple juice, and a little honey to the marinade and i used pineapple chunks on the kabobs in addition to what the recipe called for. When I grilled the kabobs the coals were starting to cool down a bit and I cooked the kabobs for about 25 min. on the cooler grill. The veggies were tender crisp and perfect. Oh I spritz my kabobs with parkay no calorie butter spray 5 min. before I took the kabobs off the grill, nice final touch. Happy grilling everyone!!!!
These kabobs are wonderful! I made extra and kept in a ziplock and pulled out of the fridg. during the week for a quick bbq meal.
This was so easy and so good. I made a number of changes - used Ken's Italian dressing instead of oil with the dressing mix, and added a heavy dose of Hot Shot. Instead of skewering I grilled the veggies and shrimp on a grill rack. Did zucchini, red onion and orange bell pepper first since they take longer to cook. Then did the shrimp on the rack for about 5 minutes. Served with rice pilaf. Three people devoured this last night so no leftovers - rats!!! Thanks for a great summer meal we all enjoyed.