Recipe by teresas
I've had this recipe hanging around for a long time...It's from a restaurant called "Aunt Chilada's" and was sent in by Chef Jesse Gonzales...hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by breezermom
Had to work 8 to 7 today and wanted something good for dinner that didn't take too long. This fit the bill perfectly and was delicious. The only think I might change next time is to grill the shrimp instead of sauteing. I picked the shrimp up on my lunch break, so it was nice and fresh. It really did taste like a margarita! Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR tag game.
- 2 cups yellow onions, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup garlic, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- 3 ounces triple sec
- 5 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces butter (divided)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, medium diced
- 1⁄2 cup poblano pepper, medium diced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ounce water
- 36 medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sauce pan melt 2 tbls butter and saute shrimp till pink, set aside and keep warm.
- In a separate sauce pan melt 2 tbls butter and saute, onions and garlic until tender.
- Add lime juice, triple sec and tequila, simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add 4 tbls butter, slowly melt and stir in ground coriander.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water, set aside.
- Add in the fresh cilantro and poblano peppers to saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture until thicken.
- Top cooked shrimp with the onion mixture.