Recipe by getoutofmygalley
This is light, refreshing and easy to prepare on a hot summer day. Don't forget to soak your skewers in water for about 30 minutes before you put the shrimp on them.
- 1 lb shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tequila
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- bamboo skewer
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- Combine the garlic, lime juice, olive oil, tequila, cilantro, red pepper, and salt in a bowl or ziplock bag. Add the shrimp and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain the marinade from the shrimp and discard.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewers.
- Cook on a pre-heated grill until the shrimp turn pink, about 2-3 minutes for each side.