Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
I LOVE Margaritas and I LOVE Shrimp! So, why not combine the two? Remember to serve with a BIG Margarita to drink! Tart, sweet, spicy, lime, shrimp and TEQUILA! Oh ya! Updated after Culinary's review and wonderful suggestion to serve this with more of the same! So save some limes and salt to finish it off if you like! Oh and another Margarita would be good too please! lol Serves 4 as Main dish and generous 8 as an appy- more if you are not so generous! lol!
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
I am giving this 4 stars only based on my final product which I had to add to. I found the shrimp prepared by the instructions was lacking in flavor. It didn't really retain much if any of the marinade flavors. I even marinated for an hour and half. And I added extra to the marinade. I was sorta disappointed in the lack of flavor so at the end I drizzled lime juice all over it and topped with some margarita salt and that really improved it! I suggest adding some of the flavors of the marinade after the shrimp is cooked. I served this with lemon rice and it was a nice compliment! Great idea, just needs some improvements!
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- lime wedge
Directions See How It's Made
- Sample the tequila to make sure it has not gone bad! lol.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add shrimp, cover and let marinate in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Sample the tequila AGAIN to make sure it has not gone bad since you tasted it in step 1! lol.
- Remove shrimp and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers or just put them in a grill wok or basket and grill for 5-6 minutes. Turn when they begin to turn pink on the bottom. Do NOT overcook.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- BUT NOT before you SAMPLE the tequila AGAIN! hehehe.