I LOVE Margaritas and I LOVE Shrimp! So, why not combine the two? Remember to serve with a BIG Margarita to drink! Tart, sweet, spicy, lime, shrimp and TEQUILA! Oh ya! Updated after Culinary's review and wonderful suggestion to serve this with more of the same! So save some limes and salt to finish it off if you like! Oh and another Margarita would be good too please! lol Serves 4 as Main dish and generous 8 as an appy- more if you are not so generous! lol!
- Sample the tequila to make sure it has not gone bad! lol.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add shrimp, cover and let marinate in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Sample the tequila AGAIN to make sure it has not gone bad since you tasted it in step 1! lol.
- Remove shrimp and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers or just put them in a grill wok or basket and grill for 5-6 minutes. Turn when they begin to turn pink on the bottom. Do NOT overcook.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- BUT NOT before you SAMPLE the tequila AGAIN! hehehe.
I am giving this 4 stars only based on my final product which I had to add to. I found the shrimp prepared by the instructions was lacking in flavor. It didn't really retain much if any of the marinade flavors. I even marinated for an hour and half. And I added extra to the marinade. I was sorta disappointed in the lack of flavor so at the end I drizzled lime juice all over it and topped with some margarita salt and that really improved it! I suggest adding some of the flavors of the marinade after the shrimp is cooked. I served this with lemon rice and it was a nice compliment! Great idea, just needs some improvements!
This has to be one of the most amazing ways I have ever eaten prawns - but then maybe that is because I LOVE prawns and I LOVE Margaritas!!! I halved the recipe for just the two of us - we had this on Christmas Day in the evening with salad and TEQUILA! I did not skewer mine, but pan fried them quickly in a little of the marinade...........and drank another tequila!!! I also had to leave out the jalapeno - sorry, I would normally have kept it in as adore heat in food - but Malcolm is not a great lover of chilies.....NEXT time. An excellent keeper of a recipe - thanks Mama!!! FT:-)