I LOVE Margaritas and I LOVE Shrimp! So, why not combine the two? Remember to serve with a BIG Margarita to drink! Tart, sweet, spicy, lime, shrimp and TEQUILA! Oh ya! Updated after Culinary's review and wonderful suggestion to serve this with more of the same! So save some limes and salt to finish it off if you like! Oh and another Margarita would be good too please! lol Serves 4 as Main dish and generous 8 as an appy- more if you are not so generous! lol!
- Sample the tequila to make sure it has not gone bad! lol.
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add shrimp, cover and let marinate in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Sample the tequila AGAIN to make sure it has not gone bad since you tasted it in step 1! lol.
- Remove shrimp and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto skewers or just put them in a grill wok or basket and grill for 5-6 minutes. Turn when they begin to turn pink on the bottom. Do NOT overcook.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
- BUT NOT before you SAMPLE the tequila AGAIN! hehehe.