1/2 Photos of Margarita Scallops
GREG IN SAN DIEGO's Note:
Savory seared scallops, sizzled in a margarita made with tequila, lime and chiles. Served at Chevys Fresh Mex in San Diego.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb large scallop
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fresh lime, quartered
- 3 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1Place all the ingredients, except the scallops and olive oil,in a blender or food processor.
- 3Taste the mixture and add more jalapeno as desired.
- 4Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 5Rinse the scallops in cold water and pat dry.
- 6In a non-stick saute pan oer high heat, heat the olive oil just until smoking.
- 7Add the scallops to the saute pan and seaar well without stirring or tossing.
- 8Add the citrus mixture to the pan and bring to a boil.
- 9When the liquid reaches a boil, turn the scallops and cook for 1 minute more.
- 10Remove the scallops, cover to keep warm and reduce the sauce to half its original volume over high heat.
- 11Divide the scallops among the plates.
- 12Pour the liquid from the pan directly over the plates.
- 13Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarita Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.4
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 480.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 27.6 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: