Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very simple and tasty way to bake salmon either in the oven or in foil on the barbecue. No worries about getting drunk, the alcohol bakes off so it's safe for kids, too!
- 4 salmon fillets (or a whole salmon)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 onion, sliced in rings
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec (Rose's makes a non-alcoholic version)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Add dabs of butter to ensure it is spread evenly.
- Lay onion rings on top of salmon.
- Sprinkle or drizzle triple sec all over salmon and onions.
- Wrap in 2 layers of foil and bake in 375-degree oven for 30-40 minutes or broil on the barbecue.