Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in a Pillsbury Mexican Made Easy cookbook. It sounds good and I hope to try it soon.
- lime wedge (optional)
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 lb romaine lettuce, torn
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange liqueur
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Rub rims of 6 chilled salad plates with lime wedges, and roll edges in kosher salt, if desired.
- Combine lettuce and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; toss with Margarita Dressing.
- Arrange on prepared plates, and garnish with tortilla chips.
- Margarita Dressing:.
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Cover and chill.