Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Southern Living.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1⁄2 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- Combine the first 10 ingredients in a shallow dish or large zip-lock freezer bag.
- Slice pork diagonally into 1-inch thick slices; add to tequila mixture.
- Cover or seal and chill for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove pork from marinade and throw away marinade.
- Grill, covered with grill lide, over high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until done.
My neighbor and buddy across the street introduced me to this recipe. She always makes good grub. It is very tasty, minimal effort, and great for company because of the quantity. I put leftovers in flour tortillas with assorted toppings for a second meal.
Very good! Has a definite southwestern flavor, maybe moreso as I marinated it all day. A big hit at our house... served with rice and Barefoot Contessa corn salad to round out the southwestern side.