Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Margarita on a stick. Cooking time is freezing time.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended -- Grand Marnier)
- kosher salt, for garnish
- Combine sugar, lime juice, water, lemon juice and orange juice in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cool transfer to a blender with tequila, orange liqueur, and lime wedge and process until smooth.
- Pour into the cups (Dixie) and cover the top of each cup with foil.
- Place the popsicle stick in center of cup (down through foil, which will hold it in place).
- Freeze until hard, preferably overnight. Remove from freezer and run cup under warm water to loosen popsicle.
- Garnish with kosher salt and serve. Enjoy!