- 3 zucchini, washed and split lengthwise also remove the ends
- 2 tomatoes, Roma sliced fairly thin, you dont want the diameter of tomato bigger than width of zucchini
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in a bowl mix the garlic and salt and pepper. let stand for 20 minutes.
- brush the zucchini with the olive oil, making sure to use it all evenly between the "boats".
- sprinkle the parmesan cheese over each boat and then top each boat with the mozzarella.
- place slices along the boats and then top with the basil.
- place the boats on a foil lined pan and bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F.