Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A W E S O M E! The crust makes this so decidedly different and yummy! A margarita flavored creamy filling in a crunchy pretzel pie crust! Now that is my kind of dessert! So good I hurt myself! TY to adopt a greyhound for the great idea to put these in lime shells. Great idea and great pics!
- 118.29 ml margarine
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 473.18-709.77 ml pretzels (to equal about 1 1/4 cups crushed)
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 78.07 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml tequila
- 14.79 ml triple sec
- 0.26 ml food coloring, green (optional)
- 236.59 ml whipped cream
- additional whipped cream
- Pie Crust:.
- Melt margarine and combine with sugar and pretzel pieces. Press into buttered 9 inch pie pan.
- Combine condensed milk, lime juice, alcohol and food coloring.
- Fold in whipped cream. Cool whip can be substituted.
- Pour into pie crust and freeze for 4 hours.
Really rich and good! Yet not heavy if you can believe something can be rich and not heavy. I wasn't clear with some of the directions but it turned out deliciously decadent anyway! I used 1 1/4 cups crushed pretzels, (not pretzels, crushed) as that filled my pie plate better. I also used 1 cup whipping cream, whipped (instead of 1 cup whipped cream), mostly because I kept tasting for texture and that is the ratio I preferred. This must be kept frozen as it melts a bit if it sits out too long. Excellent recipe for summer (no cooking required), bbq's, mexican themed menu... I will make this again and again! Oh, and it's easy, too boot!
I cannot describe how good this pie is. It is also so easy to put together.
Easy and delish! I was a little concerned when I tasted it before I froze it that it didn't have enough flavor, but I served to to company and it got rave reviews. I will be making this one again very soon. Many thanks.