Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I think it looks fabulous for a Mexican/Tex-mex feast, particularly on a hot summer night, but have not yet tried it. Comments from those who get to it before I do are appreciated via a review. Thanks!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces triple sec
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- green food coloring
- 1 graham cracker crust (9-inch)
- whipped cream (for garnish)
- lime slice (for garnish)
- mint leaf (for garnish)
- Combine milk, triple sec, Tequila, lime juice, whipped cream and food coloring.
- Fill crust with mixture.
- Cover and freeze 4 to 5 hours or overnight. Let stand several minutes prior to cutting.
- Garnish each slice with whipped cream, lime slice and mint leaves.
Love it! I used crushed pretzels for the crust as a different twist. Everyone loved it!
gets icky after a couple days in the fridge. very strong flavor. you don't need a huge piece.
Outstanding!!! I doubled the recipe and made two pies to bring for a work potluck. One person said it was "awesome", and another said, "It tastes just like a margarita!" (Well, of course, hence the name! LOL) I'd be willing to bet I could get a really good raise this year if I made my boss one for Christmas! LOL I folllowed the recipe exactly and froze the pies overnight. This is DEFINITELY a keeper - easy and super-good!