Recipe by keen5
I haven't tried this pie yet, but it looks good and sounds like it would be a really light refreshing summer dessert. If you try it first, let us know how you like it. Bake time is freezing time. Prep is my guestimation.
Top Review by Jennifer #2
Good flavor for sure! Crust did not stay together. I might try slightly more butter next time. Filling was easy. Used cool whip instead of whipping and green food coloring. Instead of orange liq. I used 3 tbls tequila. This would be a fun dessert for a mexican-themed dinner. My guests really liked it.
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzel
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 1 -2 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 3 -5 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- lime slice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For pretzel crust, stir together crushed pretzels and sugar.
- Stir in melted margarine or butter.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Press onto bottom and sides to form a firm, even crust.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven for 5 minutes or till edge is lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack.
- For filling: in a large mixing bowl combine sweetened Condensed milk, limeade concentrate, tequila, orange liqueur, and, if desired, food coloring.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream till soft peaks form; fold into tequila mixture.
- Spoon filling into crust.
- Cover and freeze about 4 hours, or till firm.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- If desired, garnish with lime slices.