Recipe by Charlotte J
This differs from Dawn's version on some of the portion sizes. More tequila is one way it differs. You also have the option as to freeze this or chill in the refrigerator.
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
Made this last night for dessert. A very lovely pie. Luscious and cool and the taste of a great margarita. I used 3 tablespoons tequila and topped with whipped cream. Divine. Thanks so much.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice concentrate
- 2 -4 tablespoons tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec or 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- orange rind twists, for garnish (optional)
- mint leaf, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, melt margarine; stir in pretzel crumbs and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Press crumbs on bottom and up sides of a buttered 9-inch pie plate; chill.
- In large, combine sweetened condensed milk, lime juice concentrate, tequila and triple sec; mix well.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Freeze 4 hours until firm OR Chill 2 hour in the refrigerator until firm.
- Garnish as desired.