Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and perfect.
- 1 medium lemon, juice of
- 1 fluid ounce tequila
- 1⁄2 fluid ounce triple sec
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (icing)
- Shake above on ice and strain over tumbler filled with fresh ice.
- If you want salted rims: rub the rim of the glass with Triple Sec or the cut lemon and dip into Margarita salt (or kosher salt).
- If I am making more than two in the shaker, I reduce the lemon juice slightly.
This was very nice. I'm not a margarita fan as a rule, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. The lemon worked quite nicely, but something tells me lime juice would also be fantastic, Great recipe, SolightlyUK! Made for PAC Fall 2012.
Very quick, very easy, very good. Next time I'll use lime juice instead of lemon juice (not that there's anything wrong with the lemon version - I just feel the urge to experiment). I'll have to make margaritas more often :-)