Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Serve in sugar-rimmed margarita glasses for a fun presentation. Cook time is chill time. From Hotter Than Hell.
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml lime zest
- 1 fresh lime, cut into wedges
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 29.58 ml orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec
- 44.37 ml tequila
- 78.07 ml fresh lime juice
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- Combine sugar with 1 tsp lime zest. Rub the rims of 4-6 margarita glasses with lime wedges to moisten, crunch into granulated sugar mixture, and place in the freezer.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining lime zest, condensed milk, Triple Sec, tequila, and 1/3 cup lime juice. Set aside. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into tequila mixture, working carefully to keep the air in the whipped cream. Spoon into prepared frozen glasses, making sure not to disturb the sugared rims. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
OMG!!! This deserves 10 stars!! i made this for Christmas Day dessert, and it got rave reviews from everyone! A magnificent, totally indulgent dessert! My only alteration was to add an extra TB of cointreau & tequila. :) [Made for PRMR]