Recipe by GoodnPlentiful
This is a tangy, slightly salty, not-too-sweet jelly that pairs perfectly with pretzel rolls (this is an amazing recipe - http://www.food.com/recipe/bavarian-pretzel-rolls-427399) Getting this to set properly without a lot of sugar was a pain but I finally got the amounts right. Low-sugar pectin worked in place of the powdered and liquid pectin and gelatin but the taste and texture was...odd. Processing cut down on the chunkiness of it but the jelly still tasted off to me so I'm going with this one. Works great, tastes great, perfect for gifts! Makes a small batch. I get about 5 half cup jars (with a little extra to eat right away!)
- 2 cups margarita mix
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package gelatin
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry pectin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid pectin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sea salt (I use more like 2 tsp but I like it salty!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour margarita mix into medium saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Let sit until gelatin dissolves.
- Add powdered pectin and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar and bring to a rolling boil for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in liquid pectin, lime juice and sea salt.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars and process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.