Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for chicken or steak!
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 -2 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
- In a shallow glass baking dish, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Add meat; turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours to marinate, turning meat once.
- When ready, cook or grill meat as desired.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
Using tequila in anything is a new experience for me, & then although I did follow your ingredient list, I used not quite one whole jalapeno! And since we do enjoy homemade sauces of all kinds, this marinade added a new dimension to my cooking (this first time it was with chicken breasts), & that was all to the good! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]