Recipe by Galley Wench
Cool and creamy, a great end to a spicy meal! Comes from Southern Living magazine.
Top Review by MamaJ
This pie is delicious! I sent it to work with my husband and everyone loved it. The crust was especially good and complemented the flavors of the filling quite nicely. I had alot of filling leftover. I don't know what happened there but now I have a yummy frozen dip for my gingersnaps. Thanks for a wonderful recipe GW! This will definitely go into the keeper file.
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh key lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup tequila
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup flasked coconut, toasted
- 18 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- lime rind, curls
- sweetened whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare crust:.
- Stir together coconut, gingersnaps and butter.
- Press into bottom and up sides of a 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Prepare Filling:.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine, eggs, lime juice, orange liqueur, tequila and condensed milk over medium heat, stirring often approxiately 20 minutes or until temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from heat, stir in lime rind; cool completely (approximately 2 hours).
- Beat whipping cream at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold into egg mixture.
- Spoon into Gingersnap crust.
- Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Let stand 20 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish if desired.