Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a grown up jiggler. It has become a Christmas tradition in my family. (Sigh!) =) These are firmer than the Jello shots you may have tried before.
- 3 (53.29 g) box sugar-free lime gelatin
- 28.34 g unflavored gelatin
- 118.29 ml lime juice
- 591.47 ml tequila
- 709.77 ml boiling water
- Mix Jello and gelatin in boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Add lemon juice and tequila, stirring well.
- Pour into large, shallow foil pan and refrigerate until firm.
- Using a knife, score horizontally and vertically to make jiggler blocks. I've tried small cookie cutters, but there is too much wastage. Enjoy.
I used a special edition margarita-flavored lime gelatin, and it made for a very tasty little shot treat. But that is a lot of tequila. Had I known the tequila taste would have been so prominent, I would have used a premier tequila. Nonetheless, this is great for parties and would be the perfect touch for Cinco de Mayo celebrations. Made for 2009 Spring Pick-A-Chef.
Wonderful! Everyone loved these, I should have made a double batch! Used strawberry jello instead of lime.
I made these for our New Years Eve Celebration. It was really really good. This is a keeper. I didn't have lime jello so I used strawberry. I can't wait to try it with the lime jello. Thanks for submiting a great recipe. Happy New Year!