You can, also, stir in 1-2 drops green food coloring if desired. From the book 175 Best James, Jellies, Marmalades & Other Soft Spreads, by Linda J. Amendt.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare jars and lids and canning bath according to safe canning practices.
- 2In a large stainless steel stockpot, combine water, lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec and sugar. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- 3Increase heat to medium-high and bring to full boil, stirring constantly. Stir in Pectin (and lime zest if using). Return to a full boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- 4Remove pot from heat and skim off any foam. Let jam cool in the pot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe jar rims and thread with a clean, damp paper towel. Center hot lids on jars and screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 6Place jars in canner, making sure they are covered by at least an inch of water. Cover and bring to a gentle boil, process 4-oz jars and 8-oz jars for 10 minutes; process 1-pint jars for 15 minutes.
- 7Remove jars from canner and place on a cloth towel. Let cool for 24 hours, then check seals. Wash and dry jars and store in a cool, dry, dark location.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Margarita Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 184.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 180.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: