Recipe by gailanng
You can, also, stir in 1-2 drops green food coloring if desired. From the book 175 Best James, Jellies, Marmalades & Other Soft Spreads, by Linda J. Amendt.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (not bottled)
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- 4 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes liquid pectin
- zest of 2-3 lime (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare jars and lids and canning bath according to safe canning practices.
- In a large stainless steel stockpot, combine water, lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec and sugar. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to full boil, stirring constantly. Stir in Pectin (and lime zest if using). Return to a full boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. (Use a timer.).
- Remove pot from heat and skim off any foam. Let jam cool in the pot for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving a 1/4 inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles. Wipe jar rims and thread with a clean, damp paper towel. Center hot lids on jars and screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars in canner, making sure they are covered by at least an inch of water. Cover and bring to a gentle boil, process 4-oz jars and 8-oz jars for 10 minutes; process 1-pint jars for 15 minutes.
- Remove jars from canner and place on a cloth towel. Let cool for 24 hours, then check seals. Wash and dry jars and store in a cool, dry, dark location.