Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Inspiration for this shot comes from the Jello Maven himself, Chaz Bosten Baden, and his archive of Jello shot recipes at http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Jello/. I have altered it to suit my tastes and used many other shots from his site, having since been named the "Jello Shot Master" by my friends.
- 1 (6 ounce) box lime Jell-O gelatin (large box)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 7⁄8 cup cold water
- 1⁄8 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup clear tequila
- 1⁄4 cup triple sec
- Mix boiling water and Jello. Stir for a minute until dissolved. Add rest of ingredients, stir.
- Pour into small paper dixie cups, cool on one or two cookies sheets stacked in the refrigerator.
- Unless you use ice and water for the cold water, allow 5 or more hours for Jello to cool and set.
- For every party I throw, I'll make this recipe and one more from Hazel's site to satisfy the partygoers.
Can not wait to get blasted drunk off these at my birthday
Gonna give this one five stars. I followed the suggesting in the first comment to make this taste "more like a real margarita" and I'm disappointed. I think I should have stuck to the original recipe! I think cutting the tequila to what the original recipe called for would have made them so much better!