Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Inspiration for this shot comes from the Jello Maven himself, Chaz Bosten Baden, and his archive of Jello shot recipes at http://www.boston-baden.com/hazel/Jello/. I have altered it to suit my tastes and used many other shots from his site, having since been named the "Jello Shot Master" by my friends.
- Mix boiling water and Jello. Stir for a minute until dissolved. Add rest of ingredients, stir.
- Pour into small paper dixie cups, cool on one or two cookies sheets stacked in the refrigerator.
- Unless you use ice and water for the cold water, allow 5 or more hours for Jello to cool and set.
- For every party I throw, I'll make this recipe and one more from Hazel's site to satisfy the partygoers.
Can not wait to get blasted drunk off these at my birthday
Gonna give this one five stars. I followed the suggesting in the first comment to make this taste "more like a real margarita" and I'm disappointed. I think I should have stuck to the original recipe! I think cutting the tequila to what the original recipe called for would have made them so much better!
I've perfected this recipe, try this for shots that tastes more like a real margarita and has a higher alcohol content:
- Lime Jello (6oz box)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups tequila (cold)
- 1/4 cup triple sec (cold)
- 1/4 cup margarita mix (cold)
- 1/8 cup fresh squeezed lime juice